Saturday, August 10, 2013

East to West

Ok, I wanted to apologize for being so out of it recently but the end of summer is almost as bad as the end of school for me.

So, today I learned the song "east to west" by Casting Crowns. I love the whole chorus. If you haven't heard it, it says
"Jesus, can You show me just how far the east is from the west 'cause I can't bear to see the man I've been come rising up in me again In the arms of Your mercy I find rest 'cause You know just how far the east is from the west From one scarred hand to the other"
It applies to me so personally, especially the "I can't bear to see the man I've been rising up in me again" because 7th-9th grade I honestly hated myself. I thought I was a monster I thought I didn't deserve to live and that I was just a burden to other people. But, something I didn't know until early this year is that one of my best friends had been praying for me to see myself as God sees me. Now I sort of do. I don't LOVE myself, there are always things to improve on but I see how I am made in Gods image and how much my friends care about me and how I encourage them. So, all of that to say, I'm always afraid that that person, the self-loathing, Self-centered, monster of a person will rise up in me again.
I read through Proverbs 18 today. My favorite verse in this chapter was verse 29
"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a close friend whop sticks closer than a brother"
I worshiped to Give Me Faith, What Faith Can Do, and I Will Rise.
An extra added note for tonight. Earlier today I was looking through a book of photographs of national parks and most of them I was just like "Oh, that's pretty" or "That looks cool" But there was one picture in particular that almost brought me to tears because of its beauty. It's really just a simple picture but it's Amazing, this is a link to the picture  http://hopanseladams15.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/ansel-adams-07.jpg
All I could think while looking at it was that God created the Oceans and rocks and the moon to control waves and the Photographer (Ansel Adams) with an amazing eye for beauty in simple things. I just think we have the most amazing, creative, beautiful God.
I prayed tonight as always.

With Love,
                  Grace.
                             Proverbs 18:16

No comments:

Post a Comment