Thursday, August 1, 2013

Doubled Up

Hey guys! sorry for not posting last night! I did everything and then went to post and my internet was being lame and wouldn't let me. So i'm going to blog about last night and tonight.

Ok, so last night I learned "Wonderful Merciful Savior" And I think it's a really cool song. and the lyrics are extremely comforting. I love the 2nd verse it says "Counselor, comforter, keeper. Spirit we long to embrace. You offer hope when our hearts have hopelessly lost our way" I can't tell you how many times I have felt lost and hopeless and confused and I need to remember to ask for Gods comfort and counsel because he's the only one who really knows what's best for me and he's the only one who can give me true peace through struggles.

I read through Proverbs 8-9 and actually enjoyed it. I'm jus going to post and comment on the verses I highlighted.
8:5 "You who are simple gain prudence you who are foolish gain understanding" I liked that one because I'm pretty foolish and I can't do anything right so knowing that I may gain wisdom through God is encouraging.
8:13 "To fear the Lord is to hate evil. I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech" That verse is kinda convicting because do we really HATE evil? do we really hate when people do bad things as long as we come out on the good side of it? Do we really hate wordly things? Do we really hate that there are half naked women on the front of magazines? And if we're honest, we don't. And we need to so that we can keep our eyes on Christ.
9:6 "Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of understanding" I need to take that one to heart because I know that sometimes I would rather live in ignorance. It's easier, less painful, but I know that it ends in tragedy. I need to remember to seek wisdom and no matter what the out come to follow her ways always.
9:8-9 "Do not rebuke the mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you. Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; Teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning." I find this verse incredibly true in my life. 2 Years ago if someone had told me I was doing something wrong my response probably would've been "Screw you, I know what i'm doing. leave me alone" Now (I'm not saying i'm righteous, i'm just saying I have grown in Christ) if someone were to tell me I'm doing something wrong I will step back, look at it from another angle, and pray about and thank them for guiding me. It's amazing how different the outcomes of those to responses are. When I didn't accept other peoples wisdom I always end up hurt more than necessary but now, if I follow Gods plan as he reveals it through other people It is much easier. I still get hurt, I still screw up, but much much less.
9:10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the holy one is understanding" again, I have found this stunningly true in my life. We gain knowledge of "The Holy One" by studying His word and hence we have understanding.

I worshiped to Always Forever and Come Thou Fount.

Something new I got to pray for last night was the processes of my family adopting a little boy. It's at the very beginning so we don't know where it will go from here but we are praying that God would help us to trust Him no matter what the outcome of this situation is.
Adoption is really cool because that's how we are saved. God has adopted us into His holy family and something really cool about adopted children is they cannot be written out of the will. They will always be an heir to whatever you have even if you hate them by the end of your life but you can write your biological children out of your will. It's amazing how this law lines up with what God has done for us, God "wrote Christ out of his will" for a period of time so that He could adopt us! and now that we have been adopted nothing can ever take away our inheritance.

Ok! Done with yesterday's on t today's!
So I learned the song "Beautiful One" by Jeremy Camp. I really like that song because it's pure worship. all the whole song is is telling God how beautiful and wonderful He is.
I worshiped to How He Loves and Set A Fire
I read through Proverbs 10 tonight and I can't go through every verse I highlighted because half of the chapter is highlighted but i'll go over my favorites from the chapter.
verse 4 says "Lazy hands make a man poor but diligent hands bring wealth" That one sonds like a no brainer like "duh, work=money" so it's obvious but we always seem to forget and fall back into laziness.
verse 8 says "The wise in hear accept commands but a chattering fool comes to ruin" Another obvious one but a good reminder.
verse 19 says "When words are many, sin is not absent but he who holds his tongue is wise." I love this verse because my father has been telling me this my whole life only phrased like this "If you never open your mouth people can never confirm that you're stupid" so It's just good to remember.
I prayed tonight and thanked God for the things I always forget to. Like, His word. I mean, how amazing is it that we have one giant letter from God that will show us different things at different parts of our lives? I just think it's really cool.

Well, thanks for bearing with me through that long post! my prayer for all of you is that you will not only accept when a brother in Christ rebukes you but that you will ask to be held accountable for the way you conduct yourself. I pray that for you because it will bring you so much more joy in your walk with Christ than walking in ignorance.

With Love,
                  Grace.
                             Proverbs 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment