Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What Faith Can Do

So, tonight's been a great end to a not so great day.
The song I learned tonight was "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless. At one point it says "It doesn't matter what you've heard, impossible is not a word it's just a reason for someone not to try" And I really like that because it's unbelievably true.
The songs I worshiped with tonight were Always Forever, I Will Rise, and Give Me Faith.
So, I haven't cried in worship since elevate and before elevate I hadn't cried for a while but tonight when I was singing the last chorus of I Will Rise tears came to my eyes because eternity with God will be so wonderful. there will be no more pain, no more lies, no more tears, no more suffering, no more sin, no more death. All of that will be wiped out by the glory of God. Now indulge me for o a moment and let me paint a picture in your head. Think of the worst day you've had. Now think of the complete opposite, now multiply it by 10,000 and that will be what eternity with The Living Holy God will be like! No you might be thinking "Oh joy, I get to do the same thing for the rest of eternity. Exciting" But worship is not just singing songs or bowing down or naming attributes.
Think of your favorite food. You can probably almost taste it right now and now your mouth is watering. Now think of the last time you had that food, the moment it touched your tongue and you remembered why it is your favorite food. that moment of "mmmmm" as you savor the taste. THAT is worship! That love for that food and that wanting it, craving it. That is worship and that is what worshiping God will be like! Not eating him of course but that feeling of contentment, that love, that enjoyment, that wanting more of will be how we will worship him for the rest of eternity only magnified to a level I cannot comprehend. Now that you have that image in your head go listen to I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin and you might get why I had tears in my eyes while singing the last verse.
I read through Proverbs 7 tonight.
When I prayed tonight I prayed that God would constantly remind me that I am living for him. Now I have to different paths to go down with this subject so bear with me.
When I was at camp the way one of my pastors described our side of the relationship with God was that we forget to remember. the analogy he gave us was this.
It's not like you forgot your keys to the car and had to go back in to get them, it's like you see the keys and forget what they are, forget you have a car and you're just like "What the crap are these?"
That is how we forget God sometimes (Most of the time) we forget to remember Him. We go through our daily lives not even thinking of Him (unless you are so mature in Christ that He is all you think about. If that is you, I respect you and hope to achieve that level of righteousness in Christ) And then we get home and we're like. "I guess I should pray to this God guy now" And we don't remember His glory that He has shown to us! So I just prayed that God would help me to remember.
The other thing I wanted to share with you guys was a habit I picked up over a year ago and have done on and off since I first learned about it.
There's this video game where you're holding a basket and you want to catch all good stuff but avoid the bad stuff and that's pretty much how we live our lives right? "Oooh A raise! I'll take that! Thanks God. Oh wait, is that cancer??? Nope i'm going to do everything I can not to catch that in MY basket God!" If you don't admit to doing that on some level you're lying. Our response should be to keep our hands (Switching from baskets) Open to anything God want us to catch, we shouldn't close our hands to God and say "I don't want your will God" so I physical reminder that I was shown was to write "Joy" on the palms of my hands. It's just a constant reminder that if we keep our hands open to God he will give us Joy. But don't confuse Joy with Happiness.


So yeah! my prayer for you all is that God will invade your every though so that you will always have Joy in Him.

With Love,
                  Grace
                              John 15:11

No comments:

Post a Comment