Friday, July 26, 2013

Forgiven

Sorry for being kinda late guys! but I'm just gonna count this for the 26th even though it says its the 27th because it's about 1am right now.

So the song I learned today was "Forgiven" by Sanctus Real. I think it's a really pretty and encouraging song.
When I was at camp one of my pastors started talking about dubstep. He was making fun of it and stuff and we were all laughing but then he said "We listen to dubstep, or whatever type of music works best, to drown out something, and that something is our guilt and our shame" Everyone fell silent because we were all condemned because we all do it but he went on to say "No amount of substitution for God will drown out our guilt and shame" I find that to be so true. No matter how loud your music is, no matter how long that horse back ride is, how hard you work out, how long you play with your team, how long you spend perfecting turns and tricks It will always end and we will be overtaken by our guilt and our shame again and again. BUT if we stop substituting things for God we will see His forgiveness and the blood cleansed cloak he has put around us. We will see that we are forgiven and we do not have to be guilty or ashamed ever again because of the gift that God has given us.
Sorry for taking so long to get to the point but yeah, I though it was worth it!
The songs I worshiped with today were Always Forever, Oh Praise Him, and Set a Fire.
I read through Proverbs two and three today. I almost didn't read three but I decided that since two is rather short that I should read two chapters today and I'm so glad I did. Specifically there was one verse that I really needed today and that verse is 3:6
"In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight"
Another couple verses that I really need in my life but not specifically today was 3:25-26
"Have no fear of sudden disaster or for the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared"
Now I don't want anyone to think that That verse is saying that bad thing won't happen to us. What it is saying is just that when bad things happen to us we do not have to fear because we have a savior who will hold us and keep us no matter what. The verse stood out to me because it says "Have no fear of sudden disaster..." And I have a tendency to worry about so much. I will keep myself up at night with worry and it has gotten to the point of almost a panic attack and everyone is always saying "Oh don't worry! Trust God!" Now that is wayyyyyyyyy easier said than done. So this verse is just really cool and I think I'm going to memorize this one.
My prayer today was kinda different. It was more thankful. I started thinking about the stars somehow (ADD much?) And how there are giant flaming balls of gas lightyears away from us that we call beautiful and then play connect the dots with to make pictures in the sky. Like how mental is that?? But God instilled that creativity and that love for beauty inside of us because we are created in His image and He is an extremely creative God who appreciates beauty. It's one of the many ways that we have been created in the image of God and I think it's so cool.

My prayer for all of you is that You will stop substituting other things for God and that you will come to Him and spend your time in Him so that you can see that you are washed clean.

With love,
          Grace.
                Proverbs 2:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment