Sunday, July 28, 2013

Walk By Faith

So, the song I learned today was "Walk By Faith" by Jeremy Camp. I really need this song right now. I'm trying to learn to be content in being single. any of you who don't know me that are reading this, I'm a Junior in highschool right now which of course means EVERYONE is dating or talking to someone and that make it pretty hard on someone who knows they don't need a significant other. I know I don't need anyone as more than a friend right now because I need to focus on God and my walk with Christ but it's a real struggle to say "Ok God! Do what you want with me and I ask for nothing/no one" Because my human nature craves attention and love but I shouldn't be seeking that attention and love in guys I should be seeking it in Christ so I need to walk by faith and know that Gods will is better than mine and that the struggles prepare His will for me and that they will form me into the person I need to be To do the work he wants me to do.
The songs I worshiped to today were Always Forever, Come Thou Fount, and Oh Praise Him.
I read through Proverbs 5 today which was pretty cool. It's about not letting unrighteousness come from your lips and I highlighted verse 5 which says "The you main maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge" So pretty much what I think that verse is saying is "Shut up and you'll never sound stupid" And that's something I need to work on because I am CONSTANTLY running my mouth to anyone who will listen and I probably come off dumb, rude, or mean most of the time so I need to work on that more.
When I prayed tonight I thanked God just as much as I requested from Him and that's kind of new for me and also, most of my requests were requests that would bring glory to Him not me or any man.

So yeah! I pray that you guys could be content in whatever situation God has put you in and that you won't only be content in it but that you would give thanks for it! If God has you in a certain situation, even if you can't feel Him, He has a reason for it.

With Love,
                 Grace.
                            Mark 2:5

No comments:

Post a Comment