Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here's My Heart

Today I learned "Here's My Heart" by The David Crowder Band. It's a really cool song because pretty much the whole song is you proclaiming that you want to give your heart completely to Christ. It's also an awesome worship song because after you sing it once the lyrics are really easy to remember so you don't have to worry about remembering the next words and you can just worship freely.
I worshiped with a ton of songs today! I played Christ Is Risen, Everlasting God, No One Like You, Give Me Faith, Set A fire, and It Is Finished. so that was really cool just to be able to have all the time I wanted to worship today.
My prayer today was more.... sincere I guess? than it has been in the past 2 weeks (It's been 2 weeks! YAY!) I actually prayed for myself today which I don't usually do a lot of and I also prayed for my future husband, the poor sucker could use all the prayer he can get. it was really cool just to offer up my future and my problems to God for Him to do what He wants with me.
I read through Romans 15 today and it was really cool. I feel like sometimes we forget that a  lot of the books in the new testament are actually letters. while I was reading through Romans 15 tonight it was just really cool to realize that this book that I am reading was first read by a church (Or multiple churches) in Rome over 1000 years ago and has been read by millions of Christians ever since! Like I just think that's really cool.
verse 2 says "Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up" I think that verse is really cool because Paul doesn't say "Each of us should please our friends" He says "Neighbor" Because even if we don't "Like" our neighbor (Everyone around us) we should still be encouraging and uplifting towards them.
Verse 7 says "Accept one another, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God" I really like that verse because there is so much discrimination in our culture (Not that there hasn't been in the past). If The church lived by this verse we would live in a different world.

My prayer for you today is that you will be able to have the time to step back and worship God without time restraints. whether you worship God by hiking, writing, singing, playing in instrument I pray that you will make the time to worship The creator of heaven and earth.

With Love,
                 Grace.
                            Romans 15:13
           

1 comment: