Thursday, July 11, 2013

It Is Finished

Hey guys! the title is kind of deceiving but you'll get it soon enough!

I woke up this morning so unbelievably sick. Sore throat, coughing nonstop, headache, and being so tired I felt like I couldn't move. But! I still prayed and thanked God for What I do have and I prayed for all of my friends and family too! It was hard to focus but I did it!
I had to finish school for today so I did that (I know its summer but I'm homeschooled) And then pulled out my guitar and tried to decide what song I wanted to learn so I went on my Spotify worship playlist and listened for a little while until "It Is Finished" by Matt Papa came on and I decided to learn that one.
Part of me just really likes that song but another loves every single word in that song. It gives me a sense of victory in Christ ("Christ Is Risen" does too but that's another story) Like I can conquer anything through Christ because Christ conquered freaking death! It also reminds me of how much God loves us! which leads me to what I read in my Bible today!
I read through Romans 3, as most of you could probably guess and I got to verse 23 which says "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Now if you have grown up in the church you have heard that verse more than a few times and it always does what it's supposed to do. It makes me feel like a rotten, evil, loser who can't get anything right but, as often as you hear that verse you almost never hear the next one which says "And are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus"
Does that not sound wonderful!? We are justified FREELY by His grace! that means that there is nothing that we can do and the Christ did everything. One of my favorite lines in "It Is Finished" is when he says "Hell was silenced when you cried, It is finished" Christ silenced hell for us guys! how wonderful is that to think about?
After I read my Bible I played some worship songs (Still sounded pretty rough) and I played Heart of Worship, Holy is The Lord, Jesus I come, and Trading my Sorrow. after reading scripture and seeing something new for the first time responding to God in worship is so beautiful and just fills my heart with joy.

I hope I can encourage anyone reading this to get into your Bible! it's not easy, and sometimes it will be a complete drag and your not always going to have an "AHA!" moment like I did today but it is so worth it to be able to know the God that you're worshiping and to be able to worship Him better and more completely because you know more about his beautiful, perfect, character.

In love,
            Grace
                      Matthew 7:7



Twitter:            @graceshanksalot
Instagram:        @graceshanksalotxvx
Facebook:         Grace Burdett
Email:               graceburdett@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment