Thursday, July 18, 2013

In The Darkness

So, what's pretty cool is that God can make bad things seem so small. Like right now, I know someone who has 2 months to live, my grandmother (who is like a second mom to my siblings and I) could die any day now, my mom is really sick, one of the people I look up to most when it comes to worship is going through chemo, my big brother is in Denver and I miss him like crazy, I've been sick for the past week and a half and my best friend lives 16 (at least) hours away. but you know what? I can take that all in stride because God is so much bigger than all of that. He is my peace, my strength, and my whole world. I don't understand how people can live their lives without God.
Well! moving on! So, when I prayed today, whenever I requested something of God I ended it with "If it is your will" Which I have done in months, mostly because I wanted what I wanted not what God wanted. Now I realize how childish that sounds but to God, we are all children. I think something my pastor said at camp a couple weeks ago kinda clicked in my head yesterday. Even though I already said it, I'm going to say it again only this time I really believe it.
My pastor told a story and the story went like this. Once there was a rabbit, he was a fairly average rabbit but one day he saw sexy carrot (his words not mine) and all he could think about was sexy carrot. He chased her across a bridge, under a tunnel, all the way through Indiana and on to seatle and then all the way to the moon nd back to earth then back to home where he finally caught her! He was so happy and he sat down and ate sexy carrot The End!
and he stopped and we all sat there and wondered why. He then proceeded to say "Getting what we want isn't always what's best for us."
The story goes on a little further and you find out that the rabbit died from eating sexy carrot. The rabbit got what he wanted but it ended up killing him. My pastor said that we are a lot like the rabbit always casing our "Sexy carrot" because we all think "If I just had _______ I'd be happy" or "If only _______ liked me I'd never want anything again" And if you really search yourself you'll find that we do the same
I read through Romans 10 tonight and it was pretty cool. I enjoyed reading it.
I learned "No One Like You" by the David Crowder Band today and I think that's what made me think of everything I just wrote because there is no one like God which means that nothing can fill that God shaped hole except for Him.
I played You Never Let Go, You Deserve, and Set A Fire today.


I pray that all of you, and I, will stop chasing "Sexy Carrot" and pursue the Living God.


With Love,
                  Grace
                             Romans 8:28
               

No comments:

Post a Comment